Friday, April 23, 2010

There is greatness among us, in the next generation...

So...I came across this young writer by the name of Hannah Moskowitz. And when I say young, I mean 19. Half my age. She's published her first novel, Break (Simon & Schuster Children's imprint, Simon Pulse), and the second, Invincible Summer, is due out next year.

HOW a then-17-year-old girl wrote this book...she's nothing short of a prodigy.

Break is the story of a teenage boy ...well, let's let the back of the book tell you much better than I can: 

Jonah is on a mission to break every bone in his body. Everyone knows that broken bones grow back stronger than they were before. Jonah wants to be stronger--needs to be stronger--because everything around him is falling apart. Breaking, and then healing, is the only way he can cope with the stresses of home, girls, and the world on his shoulders.

When Jonah's self-destructive spiral accelerates and he hits rock bottom, will he find true strength or surrender to his breaking point?

I came across this lovely writer and immediately ran out to buy this book. Then I spent two hours devouring it. Delicious. Frightening, raw, visceral, but delicious.

You should run, not walk, to Chapters/Barnes & Noble, and get your copy. 

I will be publishing a thorough review on Chic Mom Magazine (chicmommagazine.com) in the coming week to two weeks, so stay tuned!

Yay, Hannah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment